Intertextual Connections


sunday: tears and rain

When you think there's no hope
He hands you a rope
I hope to be free
Like in the fields of barley

Since the root of the matter is found in me
When you finally stand there facing
To a great point of aching
And surrender to another breaking

When you finally choke
Having the tears been took
Where do I look
But into the pages of the good book

I rest my soul
that is of a troubled hole
I crumbled on my very own pole
Which has taken such a toll

I crept back into my room
And tore away my bloom
Being far away from the moon
Droplets rushing till noon

I crushed every poison arrow
when the tunnel seems so narrow
Persevering for the morrows
Only knowing that I am not hollow

But in me, there's light
Looking for a sight
In this very bitter bite
Of my life site.

Thank you
Just thank You
For merely acceptance
Into your holy substance
In spite of my circumstance

You are sovereign
Forever you will reign
Even though it has been raining
With much paining

You wipe my tears
Swept away my fears
And said to me
"Lend me your ears"

Amen.

0 Responses to “sunday: tears and rain”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.